• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Samba via VPN

Wizzie

New Pleskian
Hello there,

I'm a fresh user of Plesk 12 Web Pro Edition and i wish to raise a question for those more experienced than me.
I have a rented VPS with 2TB of disk space and a plesk license in order to host the sites that i develop and my sites, and found myself with around 1.8TB of free space, plesk samba management and plesk vpn management but with few missing pieces for my idea.

My idea was to setup vpn tunneling between my laptop and desktop to plesk server and access samba share from the server like they were in my LAN.
In the firewall I have opened only the classic mail and web ports (obviously plesk access too).

I wonder if anyone else tought of doing the same and maybe wishes to share some of the ideas or tips and triks with us.

Thanks in advance and maybe Plesk will have in the following version a module for that too, it will be nice.

I've managed to setup everything behind the firewall but i have another issue now, which is with the openvpn launcher who seems to be unable to install or find an already installed TAP adapter.
Tried on several stations, from win7 to win8 but all with 64bit OS (because it's all i had at my disposal).

Back