• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Same Procedure as every Update - Plesk down after update 10.3.0

sid61

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
again the Problem with this Business Manager tool, what will each time destruct the Plesk Panel.
Again after Updateing with Plesk Panel from 10.2 to 10.3 the Plesk Panel dont want to start.

I dont know what it is... Plesk dont want start the Webpanel :8443
I only click the upgrade/update Panel and "good bye" thats was it, Plesk tells me all will be fin updated and the Goal are anytime new Problems.

Is there anybody here, what can give me a hint, what now by this Update the new Problem ??
It looks like, that all will run - only the plesk panel :8483 not !
I have allready restart the panel and get failed by psa ...

Any ideas about this ???

Thanks for any help

Steps without any Changes..

Problem :

Starting xinetd service... done
Starting bind9 service... done
Starting mysql service... done
Starting postgresql service... not installed
Starting psa-spamassassin service... done
Plesk: Starting Mail Server... already started
Starting mail handlers tmpfs storage
Starting psa... failed
Starting drwebd service... failed

So i am using :

/opt/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.12.0-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

and all will be fine. Plesk tells me, wonderfull, all will be fine :

Congratulations!
All stages of the upgrade were successful.
psa is now running on your system.
To complete the system configuration process, please proceed to URL:

But Plesk Panel dont want start - It fails to start on 8443.

So it looks like, that allready in Bootstrapperfile is a Error.

By the Way, after again run autoinstaller - this comes

The CBM's database user is successfully created: billing_4f0b
The CBM's database structure is successfully created
Create local database
/var/lib/dpkg/info/plesk-billing.postinst: line 318: /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun: No such file or directory
Unable to create local database
dpkg: error processing plesk-billing (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
plesk-billing
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Die Synchronisierung Debian APT-Paket-Indexdateien...

ERROR: Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten bei dem Versuch, Pakete zu installieren.
Achtung! Ihre Software ist vielleicht nicht betriebsbereit.
Bitte kontaktieren Sie den technischen Produktsupport.

But i dont want to use this plesk billing - so i remove it with the follow

apt-get remove plesk-billing

Die folgenden Pakete werden ENTFERNT:
plesk-billing
0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 1 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
1 nicht vollständig installiert oder entfernt.
Nach dieser Operation werden 147MB Plattenplatz freigegeben.
Möchten Sie fortfahren [J/n]? J
(Lese Datenbank ... 209069 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
Entferne plesk-billing ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/plesk-billing.prerm: line 244: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Unable to load configuration file settings
/var/lib/dpkg/info/plesk-billing.prerm: line 483: service: command not found
Failed to reload cron

Any Ideas ??

Kasi

P.S.
this is the third update, where the plesk-billing produce Problems and will kill Plesk panel under :8443
A real Problem too is, that i cant deinstall from autoinstaller any **** i dont use them. So please Parallels, you dont have only big Hosting Companys - you have Webdesingers too, that are using your Panel and they dont have fun - every Time to search Errors in Plesk, because they only have press the Update Button from :8447 Update Panel.

So it is your Work to make it secure, that we can press this button without having massive Problems !!!!!
Otherwise, your Rouine must make in the Future a go back Script to old Version.
It can not be, that we have invest Time by using a payed product, what shouldt be for easy Webwork with Servers.
I am Webdesigner, not Manager from a Hosting Company. And you tell us - that your Product is the easy Way to work with Servers..

Thanks
Kasi

Warning to all !!

I can you all only warn to install the 10.3.x Plesk Version.

My Plesk 10.2.x was running without Problems - so i follow only the Update Routine from Plesk with Updater and only one Mouse Click. After them the Horror begins...

Now after Restart Server, the Server dont want startup
i have to complete Backup with plack Backup (Heaven will help, i hope this one will work without Problems later)
more then 15 Domains from my Clients are broken - and the only one what i become is the Info to payed Support !!!

This is real a ***'''!!!!!it !!!!!!!!!!

I pay for this Software, becaus they told you, buy this one, very good - no Problems for you, easy all, we are the best !!

But they give you broken Installations routines with Errors non Stop - in 10.2 i have the same with Bootstrapper, Help from Plesk Support ??

NONE

After i have payed a Friend for Help - now the Same with 10.3.x Help from Plesk Support

NONE

I think they only make a move, if you are a big payed Company. But in all Guys - you forget the Story from David vs. Goliath - think you have to much Business and loose the sight to your Clients. For me, this was the last Try to use Plesk on a Linux Server. I have enough, so if you want to work and have Clients - beware of Plesk, beware of their Policy to help their Clients - if they sold tem their Error Scripts.

In short Words...

pay for it, then become Error Scripts from Parallels over Ples Admin Button and then - if you have massive Problems - pay another Money to become Informations. You will invest Hours over Hours for the Knowledge, that the next Update is allready the same !

Shame on you Parallels ! This is no Business, this is the Way of Gangsters !

Kasi

Kasi, can you provide any detailes?
1. What OS and OS version is used (as I see, it is debian or ubuntu)?
2. Was Business manager tool installed before/during/after updrade to 10.3?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm absolutly agree, sid61 if you want warm others maybe is more helpful a little bit information like OS, errors, logs than a complete stupid words.

I'm just now planning update and your words only scare me.

The question if is this the riht place to do your claims. This is for help in all directions so please, again, get in details if you want to write in a post forum site.

Upgraded to 10.3.1 similar Problems here.

Starting psa... failed
Starting xinetd service... done
Starting bind9 service... done
Starting mysql service... done
Starting postgresql service... not installed
Starting psa-spamassassin service... done
Plesk: Starting Mail Server... already started
websrvmng: Service /etc/init.d/apache2 failed to start
websrvmng: Service /etc/init.d/apache2 failed to start
Starting mail handlers tmpfs storage
Starting psa... failed
Starting drwebd service... failed

THese Output running the Autoinstaller:

Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
sw-sso is already the newest version.
sw-sso set to manually installed.
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
libterm-readkey-perl exim4-config wwwconfig-common pp10.11.0-bootstrapper
exim4-base
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following NEW packages will be installed:
plesk-billing
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/42.5MB of archives.
After this operation, 147MB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
plesk-billing
Authentication warning overridden.
Setting up sw-sso (2.7-11062213) ...

DB file already exists. Let's check for upgrade
Restarting SWsoft control panels server...Duplicate config variable in conditional 1 global/SERVERsocket==:8443: ssl.engine
2011-08-04 19:54:32: (configfile.c.838) source: /opt/psa/admin/conf/ssl-conf.sh line: 2 pos: 14 parser failed somehow near here: (EOL)
2011-08-04 19:54:32: (configfile.c.838) source: /etc/sw-cp-server/applications.d/plesk.socket.sh 8443 ssl line: 6 pos: 21 parser failed somehow near here: (EOL)
2011-08-04 19:54:32: (configfile.c.838) source: /usr/share/sw-cp-server/applications-conf.sh line: 65 pos: 14 parser failed somehow near here: (EOL)
2011-08-04 19:54:32: (configfile.c.838) source: /etc/sw-cp-server/config line: 13 pos: 1 parser failed somehow near here: (EOL)
failed
Failed. Can not restart web server.
dpkg: error processing sw-sso (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
sw-sso
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Die Synchronisierung Debian APT-Paket-Indexdateien...

ERROR: Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten bei dem Versuch, Pakete zu installieren.
Achtung! Ihre Software ist vielleicht nicht betriebsbereit.
Bitte kontaktieren Sie den technischen Produktsupport.

Any Ideas Solutions ?

Thanks Geerti for your Text...
But you must see it from a other View.. When you buy this Software, it will cost not only some small Money. If you run then it gives two Ways.. 1.) You work with a stable Solution, 2.) You have endless Time to be a Beta Tester for this.
I have 5 Servers with Plesk for my Clients and i give up - i meen, when a Product is going to the Consumer and something doesnt Work - and you have only click on the Button Update, the the Company from Plesk cant say, O.K. we have produced the Error, but we help only for Money ?!
And there is completly no Words about this. And when i ask for Help here, i get a lot of Answers, what are second Questions was. And the Time Range for Helping Hand is a lifetime Wait Solution.

We buy this Software to can Work without exactly this Problems !

If you have much more Knowledge in Plesk and Serverhandling, so congratulations.. My Job s Design and Host, not to be a technical Wonderboy. Plesk shouldt be for Users like me - but i see Advertising is all...
Kasi

P.S.
I meen not, plesk is not good if its work, but it is a extremly Risk to update ((((stable Update Versions)))) !

But thanks for the Comment... By the Way i have make a Backup over 10 Hours and install the Server complete new. After them it will run, i loose by this 1 Client and have more then a Weekend only bad Times ! The Money i loose, we dont want speak about this..

Thanks Kasi

Back