• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Scared of the update from 11.0.9 to 12

Sebastian Gärtner

New Pleskian
Hello
I have been scanning through the forum and have not really found the information i need in order to press the button for the update from 11.0.9 to 12.
It started with the backup tasks. I have backup tasks that are showing in the "backup Manager" under "Current Backup Tasks" They are FTP backups and even though they arrived on the other site (FTP server) they all had something like this in the email notification

Creation date is: 2015-Jun-27 00:20:04
Task status is: error

in the .result file there is

Cannot resume domain 'domainname.com' (ErrorCode: 1, STDOUT:
) [Error:].

There are two more errors but they are marked as "This is not fatal error!" so i am assuming that that will not be a problem (repair after the update to enable the domain or whaterver should work)

Having this issue i am not feeling comfortable to run the backup of course.

Generally i have seen many issues in the forum after the update to 12 but on the other hand a couple of entries does not speak for the hundreds of successful updates of course. I would be happy to see a thumbs up for the update.

What was the story with the PHP version?
PHP 5.4.41 (cli) (built: May 14 2015 23:37:34)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group

are the backups that are on my FTP server enough to risk the updgrade to 12 ?

Thanks for some replies

sebastian

THX. The link only gives me free support something goes wrong or? To then bank on 10 days response time is a bit risky or?
What i kind of wanted to hear is that it is usually possible to upgrade from 11.0.5 to 12. without any major issues.

Is that the case or will i have to expect downtimes and days of stress ahead of me?

I did get a backup done now without error so this is a first step.

Back