• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Schedule delete files

tanasis

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
i want every Monday to delete a directory.

I'm using the command
rm -R -f /var/www/vhosts/example.com/public_html/image/cache
as "Task type: Run a command" but doesn't delete file.

Can you help me?

Attachments

• image2006.jpg
    image2006.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 10
Try to define the full path to the command /usr/bin/rm

Check the logfile /var/log/cron to find out what the issue is.

Run:
# tail -f /var/log/cron

and excute the cron command in the GUI.

Check the logfile /var/log/cron to find out what the issue is.

Run:
# tail -f /var/log/cron

and excute the cron command in the GUI.

When i run the Schedule Task (i press the button Run Now), i get a successful message : Task "/usr/bin/rm -R -f /var/www/vhosts/example.com/public_html/image/cache" successfully completed in 0 seconds.

Also, i don't have errors. But the files, doesn't delete

Attachments

• image2020.jpg
    image2020.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 8
Ok, I tested this on a local Plesk server.

If you run this command as a non-root user, the user doesn't know about /var/www/vhosts/subscription

So, the command becomes something like this:
Code:
/bin/rm -rf /public_html/image/cache/*

The log file is /var/log/plesk/task-manager.log, not /var/log/cron.

By the way: what's the deal with the public_html folder? Plesk uses httpdocs as the root directory for the subscriptions.

Doesn't delete files, not errors....

INFO 2022/08/19 14:08:32 task=107755 process=107755 trace=4100641:62ff6f3082e5b Starting as 'run-plesk-task-107755.service' systemd unit with command: [/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/task-async-executor.php -task-id 4316]
INFO 2022/08/19 14:08:32 task=107755 process=107755 Finished with exit code 0 and 'success' status in 878.366499ms, unit finished in 306.29ms

By the way: what's the deal with the public_html folder? Plesk uses httpdocs as the root directory for the subscriptions.
Because the was a migration from cPanel.

Save your rm command (with full path for rm) in /var/spool/cron/root
Then run : crontab /var/spool/cron/root

I still can't get this working via the Schedule a Task in Plesk.. Is it not possible?

Tried

/bin/rm -rf /public_html/temporary/*

rm -f /public_html/temporary/*
Any other suggestions? As the other poster mentioned there is no log output except success, but files are not deleting.

And I also migrated from Control panel and can confirm that files remain in /public_html/

I suppose your /public_html/temporary/* path is wrong.
Shouldn't it be /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIIN.COM/public_html/temporary/* or something like that ?

I still can't get this working via the Schedule a Task in Plesk.. Is it not possible?

Tried

/bin/rm -rf /public_html/temporary/*

rm -f /public_html/temporary/*
Any other suggestions? As the other poster mentioned there is no log output except success, but files are not deleting.

And I also migrated from Control panel and can confirm that files remain in /public_html/

The problem still exists... If you find any solution please let me know.

@tanasis The path is wrong. You are starting the path with a / which means that public_html branches off the directory root of the server. No Linux distribution does that. What you probably want is to remove a public_html directory that branches off your subscription root directory. That would be /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN.COM. AS @Kniar had already pointed out, the parameter must then be /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN.COM/public_html/temporary/* else the command must fail as it cannot find the public_html.

Can confirm that -

/bin/rm -rf /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN.com/public_html/temporary/*

and

/bin/rm -rf /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN.com/public_html/temporary/*.jpg

Deletes all files or only *.jpg ...

Thank you.|

You're correct but notice that :

/bin/rm -rf /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN.com/public_html/temporary/*

deletes all files and directories

No, doesn't work...

The command:
/bin/rm -rf /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN.COM/public_html/image/cache/*

1668726667417.png

...and im getting
image2402.jpg

If i run the command via ssh terminal, everything is working fine....

(please remove Resolved from subject)

Could you please describe why from your point of view "successfully completed" ist not a successful completion of the task?

Back