• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

scheduled backups not working in 10.2

M

Melissa

We migrated to Plesk 10.2 on 16 April 2011 from Plesk 9.5.2 (RH EL5 2.6.18-194.26.1, mysql 5.5.11). Since the migration, no website backups have been made. I doubled-checked the documentation for setting up a backup in Plesk and everything seems done correctly. I've also supplied my email address in the backup manager, in case of errors, but have received no emails for any of our domains.

I can't find any ill information in logs - cron.log shows the command being executed at the correct times, but no backup. I've searched through the forums and can't find a solution. Pearls of wisdom?

#Bug: Sheduled Backups not Working in 10.2

Yes i have same issue in my servers! Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Plesk 10.2...

Please confirm this is a bug of Plesk because i don't see any miscunfiguration in my servers!

Thank's!

I don't even see the "Scheduled backups" section in the Settings anymore. All I can do is manual backups.
This is so wrong ...

Grrr

Please Parallels - we do need scheduled backups for security !!!
Mine on 1and1 is bust too !!
Help Please!

In attach you can find fixed backupmng for RHEL5 and Ububtu 10

Attachments

• backupmng_rhel5_ubt10.zip
    113.5 KB · Views: 31
Ubuntu 10.04.02 LTS 64bit - Plesk 10.2

Hello Igor,

the patch work currectly in my servers!

i change backupmng in /opt/psa/admin/sbin/

Plesk 10.2 and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64 bit

Thank's,
Marco Saiu
Servizi Internet Srl

Last edited:
Try attached backupmng for Debian6

Attachments

• backupmng_deb6.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 6
Hi!

I'm having this same backup problem with Plesk Panel 10.2 on CentOS 5.6 (x86_64). Manual backups "works" (task view shows an error, but can't view error message at all and backup appears to server repository) but scheduled backups doesn't even send any error messages to email (even that option is turned on from settings).

I'm running pretty new version of MySQL on my server, 5.5.10. And PgSQL is version 9.0.4...

Is there any way to get scheduled backups working (thru Plesk, of course), even with these kind a experimental versions of MySQL and PgSQL?

Try attached backupmng for CentOS 5

Attachments

• backupmng_cos5.zip
    57.5 KB · Views: 42
IgorG

I replace my /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng
Fix for debian 6 isn't working. I planed something yesterday on Friday 05:00 AM and nothing is backuped this morning.

Furthermore, there is an another bug as you can see on screenshot attached.
Day tuesday ("mardi" in french) is twice and thursday is not present in the list.

For information, I have also /opt/psa/admin/bin/backupmng, I need to replace it also ?

Thank you ;)

Attachments

• capture.gif
    capture.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 22
Hi Igor,

First, thank you a lot for your assistance.
Second, did you see my screenshot about duplicated day ? perhaps a beginning to understand this issue.
I drop my /opt/psa/PMM/logs/pmmcli.log file, I planed a backup for each thursday (so today) on 10:06. Then, around 10:00 am I launch /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng
No backup started on 10:06 am and here's my /opt/psa/PMM/logs/pmmcli.log around 10:10 am

Attachments

• pmmcli.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Please provide output of "crontab -l" for root.
Here is:
Code:
root@ns1:~# crontab -l
8,18,28,38,48,58 *  *  *  * /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-poplockdb-clean
5,20,35,50      *       *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1
backupmng is well planed, even if I launch it manually, backup doesn't start.
I don't have to replace also statistics in /opt/psa/admin/bin ? As I said previously, I just replaced file located to /opt/psa/admin/sbin

Hi. I replaced with this new version, and, although I have daily backups set for each domain at separate times in Plesk, everything backs up every 15 minutes. I had to chmod -x backupmng. Is there another setting for backups that is outside of the Plesk panel for each domain??

Mickael,

Development haven't ideas why you have problems with backupmng w/o access to your server. Therefore I suggest you contact support team. Experienced supporters will deeply investigate this problem directly on your server. I think it would be more effectively than forum's discussion.

Back