• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

scheduler@domain email errors

A

AndiC_UK

when looking in mailenable i have notice that i am getting bad mail at 3,6,9,12 hours each day.. i looked at the logs:-

TO:(**********> 550-Verification failed for <scheduler@********>

any ideas

Andrew

i have found out its the Statistics calculation
which is scheduled

why should the Verification faile?

AndiC

Are you getting email from plesk at all ? for new account for example ?
Go to mailenable SMTP properties
Relay tab (if i remmeber correct)
check that you allow relaying from specfic IP address
add to the IP list 127.0.0.1
so that localhost can send emails.

yes clients can send and receive email. also a few scripts i wrote can localy send mail.

""check that you allow relaying from specfic IP address
add to the IP list 127.0.0.1""

this is setup :mad:

thanks for your help

got any more ideas?

Andic

just got another idea,
maybe you allow that email will be sent only from existing email address, which means that the sender must be valid address. and in this case scheduler@.... is not valid address at you're host I assume...

Please look at the file
%plesk_bin%\psa.scheduler.service.exe.config
%plesk_bin% is an environment variable on your system. Its value is the location of some Plesk utilities.

File %plesk_bin%\psa.scheduler.service.exe.config
is an XML file. You can edit it manually. Please do it very accurate!
There is a line which looks like
<add key="EmailFrom" value="" />
It is the special parameter for Plesk scheduler. Its value is the From address for email messages. If value is empty, special address is generated. Othervise specified value is used.
You can set correct value in this line. Please correct XML file very accurate! I recommend you to copy original config file to the other file name and only then modify configuration file.

Thank you.

Back