• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Searching For An Antivirus!

dopeboy

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
I'm searching for an antivirus to stop my clients if they upload an virus on my server,
i know on plesk are some antiviruses but i'm searching for an free service,
anyone can help me ?
i have hear about clamav antivirus, but how can i configure it to stop uploads when is an virus ?
thanks,

Plesk has own antivirus components for mail server. But if you mean antivirus protection on filesystem level - look at clamav. I heard that many people have successfully installed and configure it on Plesk servers for these purposes.

Yeah, I'm using ClamAV for mail and folder scans, reading the feature request at Plesk's uservoice for ClamAV someone mentioned it can be configured to scan ftp uploads

Thats pretty easy:

- replace the plesk standard proftd by the one from atomic, centos 6 is at http://updates.atomicorp.com/channels/atomic/centos/6/x86_64/RPMS/
- add the following to /etc/proftpd.conf (at the top, above the Global section)

<IfModule mod_clamav.c>
ClamAV on
ClamServer localhost
ClamPort 3310
#ClamMaxSize 250 Mb
</IfModule>

done.

maybe you want to create some test to see if plesk overwites the proftp version or proftpd config.

added bonus: the atomic version more up-to-date then the plesk version.

And while you are at it, you might want to expand the clamav rules. There are scripts for auto download, but be carefull not to add rule sets that have a high false positives rate.

http://sanesecurity.com/usage/signatures/

regards
Jan

Back