• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Secondary DNS problem

J

jerry2

I have a server that I use for holding secondary DNS... The problem is if I want to make a secondary DNS entry for domain xy I have to create that domain. When I create it it automatically sets a MailEnable postbox :-( Which is of course empty, because the postbox is on another server where I have primary DNS.

If somebody from that same secondary DNS server send's email (yes, I have some clients there also) it doesn't deliver because it thinks the adress is local and the postbox doesn't exists.

I see two possible solutions:

1. Delete a mailbox directly in MailEnable, but I guess Plesk wouldn't like that.
2. Make a dummy eail on this server with same name. But that doesn't solve my problem, the mail will go to this address but the client could never reach it :-(

Any ideas?

Jerry

You should disable mail for domain in Plesk -> Domains -> domain.com -> Mail -> Disable
Mail Enable first attempts to send message to local domain.
If the local domain is not found or disabled, the message is sent to the SMTP server defined by corresponding MX record.

If you don`t want to use a mail server, it is necessary to remove or change MX records in the DNS zone template Plesk -> Server -> DNS. After this Plesk will not create MX records pointing to the server it`s running on when creating a domain.

Back