• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Secure ways to upload?

Z

Zoke

Sorry for yet another newbie question but since I've always used Linux for my dedicated server thus far: how does one upload secured with Windows Server 2003? I'm using Plesk 8.2 but the server's FTP doesn't seem to support SSL. Through Google I found an open-source project named SSHWindows which I could install but I assume Windows Server 2003 already comes with options to transfer data encrypted.

Unfortunately Plesk for Windows does not support OpenSSH. However you may try Gene6 FTP Server which supports FTPS and Plesk supports it.

Thanks for the reply. Isn't Gene6 FTP Server a commercial product? I've kept searching for free alternatives and have COPSSH and WinSCP as client working pretty good right now.

gene6ftp

Yes Zoke, gene6 FTP is a commercial product. Spend few more $ to get Serv-U ftp server it supports ftp ssl too and in my opinion is much better.

Back