• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Security: Rename Wordpress wp-login.php (and still using Plesk WP Login)

Cookiemonster

New Pleskian
Hey!
Just want to know how I can tell Plesk a new name of the wordpress wp-login.php file.
(byside many other sec. actions) I want to change it but still want to use the possibility to login to the WP installation by clicking the login in Plesk.
Thx!!

I have the iTheme Security Plugin installed. But it's not the question. Renaming the wp-login.php would even be easy manually.
BUT I want to use the Plesk "Log in" Button to directly login in the regarding WP installation. If I rename the wp-login.php - Plesk still point to the wp-login.php and wouldn't find it.

I would suggest you use Plesk WP Toolkit Security Check and Plesk Security Advisor extension to be sure that all is ok with WP security.

Thx, Igor. I do use the WP Security Check in Plesk and we force SSL already. But the Login Filename ist still standard - rename the wp-login.php would be a simple thing which would help to avoid most login tries.

Back