• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Security: Rename Wordpress wp-login.php (and still using Plesk WP Login)

Cookiemonster

New Pleskian
Hey!
Just want to know how I can tell Plesk a new name of the wordpress wp-login.php file.
(byside many other sec. actions) I want to change it but still want to use the possibility to login to the WP installation by clicking the login in Plesk.
Thx!!

I have the iTheme Security Plugin installed. But it's not the question. Renaming the wp-login.php would even be easy manually.
BUT I want to use the Plesk "Log in" Button to directly login in the regarding WP installation. If I rename the wp-login.php - Plesk still point to the wp-login.php and wouldn't find it.

I would suggest you use Plesk WP Toolkit Security Check and Plesk Security Advisor extension to be sure that all is ok with WP security.

Thx, Igor. I do use the WP Security Check in Plesk and we force SSL already. But the Login Filename ist still standard - rename the wp-login.php would be a simple thing which would help to avoid most login tries.

Back