• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Security: There is another user with the same login already logged in..??

J

jpameli

Hello,
we just got a VPS with Ubuntu and Plesk on it. Its a great tool.. :)
I configured the server and I set a strong root password and public keys for ssh.
Also Plesk has a very strong password for the admin user.

I configured Plesk and now 5 hours later I logged into the admin account again and got the message "There is another user with the same login already logged in" as admin. Session time is only 30min... Now I am a little bit confused what happend there. I checked the action log and everytime when I did a log in, there was a log out for the session. Also I only saw logins from my IP.

I still worry a bit what could cause this message. I was able to login without problems, but this message makes me feel little bit nervous if someone got admin access and deleted the log login entries..

What do you think? I can't believe the system got compromised so fast because I really take care of security, but I am still a paranoid person so maybe there is something what i missed.. :-/

/Edit:
Paranoia gets even worse.
What is that for a user without group or right above the admin?

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Try to reset all session parameters back to their default values:

Go to Tools & Settings > Session Idle Time (in the Security group) and click Default. The default session idle time will be set to 30 minutes. Click OK.

Hi Igor,
thank you for your reply.
I talked to my VPS Hoster and they told me the "admin is already logged in message" even when I successfully logged out before comes from internal Plesk maintaining features. So I should not worry about it any longer... :)

The empty session like on the screenshot was just a session failure they told me.
It also disappeard from alone.

So for now I try to trust my server again... :D

Back