• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Security valnerability when managing Docker through Plesk

Domm

New Pleskian
Docker containers with mapped ports are exposed externally. For example, a MySQL database server within a Docker container, which maps the MySQL port 3306 from within the container to the port 32768 on the host, will be accessible from outside the server.

This can be mitigated when creating a container from the command line, by specifying the local IP for the port mapping eg
Code:
-p 127.0.0.1:32768:3360
This will ensure the the MySQL server can only be accessed from the host and not externally. This mitigation cannot be used when creating a container via Plesk, as the port mapping option does not accept the <IP address>:<port> format.

The core issue with Docker is discussed at length here: DOCKER-USER iptables chain missing in 19.03.3 · Issue #810 · docker/for-linux

As a simple fix I'd suggest that Plesk not only allows the <IP address>:<port> format for port mapping, but makes it the default when creating containers.

I lack the reputation to post this in the 'Reports' forum, but I believe that this is where is should be raised.

Thank you for the hint.
I tried to use "SSH local port forwaring" to access a app on local port 9000

Bash:
ssh -N [email protected] -L 9000:server.com:9000

Part of the docker-compose.yml
YAML:
    ports:
      - 127.0.0.1:9000:9000

Tried to open server.com:9000 in my browser, but could not access the app.

Any idea?

Thank you for the hint.
I tried to use "SSH local port forwaring" to access a app on local port 9000

Bash:
ssh -N [email protected] -L 9000:server.com:9000

Part of the docker-compose.yml
YAML:
    ports:
      - 127.0.0.1:9000:9000

Tried to open server.com:9000 in my browser, but could not access the app.

Any idea?

I found the solution. Hope it helps.

Bash:
ssh -N [email protected] -L 9000:localhost:9000

Open browser localhost:9000

Back