• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Grafana + MariaDB installed via docker extension -> networking issue

ksau

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.53_build1800230619.12 os_Debian 10.0
Hi all,

I want to use the docker extension to host a Grafana container and in addition a MariaDB container holding some meta data. I am able to access Grafana from th outside, I am able to access MariaDB from the outside. But I did not manage to create a working MySQL data source in Grafana using this setup.

I would prefer internal communication only. But that seams to be difficult without manually installing docker-compose. External is not perfect but should work at least.
Currently both containers are set up with fixed port mapping. Configuring the MySQL data source (using the external host name that works from the outside) gives a
msg="Query error", "connect: connection timed out" error in the Grafana logs when testing it.

Can anybody please help me here?
Thanks in advance!
Keith

I am a bit further: using "docker compose" now. That is already installed with current docker, makes things easy. Internal communication was up and running within minutes :)

Only open question: How can I marks thuis question as "resolved"? ;)

Back