• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Select existing SSL certificate for a domain in Plesk

BatricB

New Pleskian
I added a new SSL certificate in `Plesk -> Tools & Settings -> SSL Certificates` and now want to link an existing domain to it.

However, on domain SSL Certificates page, the only option displayed is to create a new certificate. I can't select one of the existing ones.

Am I missing something? How can I link already added SSL to a domain?

Thanks!

Thanks for your message Igor.

I just remembered that this domain should have dedicated IP. I am now running into another issue - when I am trying to change DNS settings for the domain I get the "dnszone table::select() failed no such row in the table" message.

I found already some potential solutions and will try to apply them.

Will keep this thread posted.

Thanks again for your assistance, Igor.

I digress, but I keep getting into related issues :)

Right now the chain is the following
1. I can't add an SSL for a domain because "dnszone table::select() failed" error
2. That error is caused by corrupt DNS table zone; to fix this, I need to manually add/link missing entries in the database
3. I can't login to the MySQL using the admin username and same password as the one for Plesk

I found this article: http://kb.odin.com/en/116050 to reset MySQL admin password.

Is it safe to do this? I am not sure if Plesk is using the same database and if I will break everything if I change it.

After inspecting the database, I narrowed the problem down to this:

- One of the subdomains has not been completely deleted from the DB
- It is not listed in the "psa.domains" table
- It is present in the "psa.dns_zone"

I tried deleting the entry from "psa.dns_zone" table, but nothing changed in Plesk.

The KB articles I found are related only in reverse cases (found in domains, not found in dns_zone).

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

I suggest you contact Support Team if you are not familiar with psa database enough. They will fix database on your server.

Which Support Team should I contact?

I am familiar with working with databases, so if you send me a KB article or instructions, I can handle it on my own.
Is there such KB article?

Thanks.

I managed to solve the DB problem and now Plesk lets me configure the DNS for this domain.
I found that the entry for my domain was present in "psa.domains", but it had the wrong "dns_zone_id" value.
I corrected it and it's now working.

Regarding the original question - I removed old SSL certificate, added it through domain settings page and then had to apply it

Here's what I did:

Plesk admin -> Domains -> example.com -> "Open in Control Panel" -> Websites and Domains tab -> click on the domain name listed at the bottom of the page -> check "Enable SSL Support" under "Security" and then select proper SSL certificate.

Note: I'm using Plesk 11 on Windows, but this should look the same on Linux.

Thanks for your help Igor.

Back