• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue SElinux is still disabled

Dork

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.53 Update #2
I changed the entry of /etc/selinux/config
from
SELINUX=permissive
to
SELINUX=enforcing
saved the file and restarted the server, but SELinux is still disabled.

Have you tried to run
# setenforce 1
?

What is the output of
# sestatus
after doing that?

Could you please provide the complete content of your /etc/selinux/config file? I am asking, because SELinux is straight forward to configure, and if it is set to enforcing in that file correctly, after a reboot it must work. I would not know any other way or why it does not work. You can still check your syslog if there are error messages related to SELinux, but probably something is wrong with the configuration file or with the SELinux installation in general.

Could you please provide the complete content of your /etc/selinux/config file? I am asking, because SELinux is straight forward to configure, and if it is set to enforcing in that file correctly, after a reboot it must work. I would not know any other way or why it does not work. You can still check your syslog if there are error messages related to SELinux, but probably something is wrong with the configuration file or with the SELinux installation in general.
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
SELINUX=enabled
# SELINUX=permissive
# enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
# permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
# disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=enforcing
# SELINUXTYPE= can take one of three values:
# targeted - Targeted processes are protected,
# minimum - Modification of targeted policy. Only selected processes are protected.
# mls - Multi Level Security protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
SELINUX=enabled
# SELINUX=permissive
# enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
# permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
# disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=enforcing
# SELINUXTYPE= can take one of three values:
# targeted - Targeted processes are protected,
# minimum - Modification of targeted policy. Only selected processes are protected.
# mls - Multi Level Security protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted
You've got the SELINUX varible set twice in the configuration file. Remove the first one: SELINUX=enabled, save file and reboot system.

That's weird. Are you running a VPS? The only other thing I can think of is that your provider is running a custom kernel that doesn't support SElinux. Contact them to find out if that's the case and if they can help you enable SElinux.

Last edited:
That's weird. Are running a VPS? The only other thing I can think of is that your provider is running a custom kernel that doesn't support SElinux. Contact them to find out if that's the case and if they can help you enable SElinux.
Yes - it's a VPS

Back