• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Send Error Test

O

omegauser

Hi,

I use Thunderbird and never had problems with the mail, but in Outlook, when you configure the account and you press: test account settings, an error pops out: send test email Failed.

The email works fine later, but why does this error comes out? is there a special feature in plesk that makes this in outlook?

Thanks

If you need help, you need to be more specific about your problems. What kind of errormessage do you get from Outlook?

Is the account setup correct? Correct username and login? When does this error occour? Just after you created the account or always?

In some cases, I have personally seen the "Test account settings" feature fail, even when the account is setup properly and can actually send and receive emails.

Actually sending and receiving is the true test of whether it works or not. I don't bother using the "test" feature of Outlook at all anymore.

Back