• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs SEO Toolkit sets Rank Tracker crawls to unlimited on all existing service plans

burnley

Regular Pleskian
TITLE:
SEO Toolkit sets Rank Tracker crawls to unlimited on all existing service plans
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
SEO Toolkit 1.1.6-47 + (Personal plan) Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #56 CentOS Linux 7.6
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When SEO Toolkit extension is added to plesk it adds resource "Rank Tracker crawls" to all service plans and Add-on's on the server. The issue is the default setting is 'unlimited' Considering this plugin charges per key word per server this isn't good.

If everyone gets unlimited key words its hard to charge people! I had to set all service plans and add-ons to zero then create an Add-on to allocate the 'key words' to clients willing to pay for the higher levels of this plugin.

On one server that was 71 service plans / addons to change from unlimited back to zero and on other servers with a few resellers there can be several times that many.

The default should be zero and perhaps it should add a few add-ons with an suitable name and limit.

The idea of this plugin is great but in its current form its not really suitable for paid upgrades on shared hosting servers.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Install extension, check 'Rank Tracker crawls' resource on service plans and add-ons​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Rank Tracker crawls resouce set to unlimited for all service plans / add-ons​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Rank Tracker crawls set to 0 for existing service plans or some other way to manage this better on servers with lots of service plans/add-ons configured.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Hello @burnley,
thanks for your request.
I've created a bug XOVI-594

Expected results:
"Rank Tracker crawls" limit could be configured via panel.ini extensions option. Default value should be Unlimited

As long as there is some way to define the default "Rank Tracker crawls" resource limit for EXISTING service plans on adding this extension I'd be happy - or you could monetise by some method *other* that key word, the I wouldn't care about the default being unlimited.

Back