• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Separate certificates for different NameVirtualHosts?

J

jemenake

I've got a bunch of domains all using the same IP (using NameVirtualHost, of course).

The problem is that Plesk seems to only allow me to set one certificate for all of them, when I *know* Apache can have different certs for different NameVirtualHosts even if they're on the same IP.

Am I doing something wrong, or is Plesk just boneheaded?

On a similar note, I can figure out where I set the certificate for smtp and imap. I need to set the certificate to our "mail.somedomain.com" certificate so that users don't get warnings when using secure IMAP and SMTP... but I can't find the page in Plesk to do that.

- Joe

On Plesk servers, it has never been possible to have separate certs for shared IP hosting.

jemenake, can you give me an information how to set up different certificates on different domains using the same IP?

As I know it is impossible by definition. Because SSL certificate must be selected in a handshaking stage of establishing of SSL connection. And browser send hostname to the apache server AFTER establishing SSL connection. So how apache can take a desision which certificate to use for connection if it does not know the domain name?

Back