• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Serious bug: Changing the site title clears publish settings

A

adaniels

When a user changes the site name, the URL in the publish settings is cleared. The plan which is used does not allow the user to change the publish settings.

This is causing a lot of hinder. So I could appreciate it, if it is fixed soon.

Arnold

I have checked several test cases but could not reproduce this situation. Following cases were checked:
1. Under admin in Sitebuilder admin CP updated URL in publishing settings, changed site name, saved changes and checked URL one more time.
2. In plan settings for site owner disabled "Allow users to modify publishing settings" and repeated procedure under admin user.
3. Under site owner logged into Sitebuilder CP and changed site name. After that under admin checked URL in publishing settings but it still stays the same.
Could you provide step-by-step instructions how this situation could be reproduced? I checked it on 4.0.0+FC4 installation.

My config

This happends only when the SiteOwner renames the site name through the SiteBuilder config panel. (nr 3 on your list)

Here is a dump of that plan (which is the only plan in my system next to the Root plan.
Code:
INSERT INTO `plan` VALUES (3, 'Unlimited', 'Plan with all available options', 1, '2007-12-13T13:28:09-06:00', 1000, -1, -1, -1, -1, 2, -1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 30, 1, '830eefef-3a69-be52-3a6d-7ccaa72ab3f1', 1, 0, '');

Publish mode is FTP only.

A thing to notice is that the owner of the plan is 'admin', while I do work with a reseller system. So the owner of the siteowner is not the owner of the plan.

Productnaam Sitebuilder voor Linux/Unix
Productversie 4.0.0 (2007062700)

I have tried to make one more test but failed to reproduce this situation. Under admin user I created reseller. After that under reseller I created new site owner and assigned it to plan which is available for reseller. Option 'Allow users to modify publishing settings' is off on this plan and only FTP mode available for publishing. Actually, it is not possible to select plan for site owner which is not available for reseller. Most probably this plan is used as default one for trial sites.
After site was created and publication settings were specified site was assigned to site owner which I created earlier. Then I logged into Sitebuilder CP under site owner and changed site name. Publication settings were not changed.
Could you try to reproduce this situation from the very beginning and provide me step-by-step instructions?

Step by step

Done once:
Add plan 'unlimited' through sitebuilder control panel as 'admin' user. This plan has all available options, but 'edit publish settings' is disabled.

1.) Using SOAP webservice: Add Reseller user (if not exists)
2.) Using SOAP webservice: Add SiteOwner user (if not exists)
3.) Using SOAP webservice: Add a site

This works well, but the publish URL will be cleared when.
4.) Log into the 'Wizard' as the SiteOwner user (through external_login.php)
5.) Click on 'goto Admin Panel'
6.) Click on a link to edit the site
7.) Change the name and press ok

I've attached the code I use (PHP). Please note that this class is overwritten with another class, which overwrite function 'createUser' to get actual data out our database.

Attachments

• Sitebuilder.php.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 48
Back