• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Serious Problem... Loosing Directories

B

badkneecap

I've encountered a serious problem for the second time now. I'm loosing the directories on my hard drive for multiple sites I have setup using Pleask for Windows 7.5. I'm not loosing the setups in Plesk, but when I check in IIS I see that everything is gone except the domain name. All subfolders are gone.

Any ideas?

- PR

Have you checked for spyware/adware/viruses, etc. on your server?

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

I'm on a managed server and I had them check and it's all clear. My login and passwords are also very unique and would be hard to break (ie. I'm not using "password" as my password).

Everything was cleared under the domain name in vhosts. So, I would get:

d:\inetpubvhosts\mydmain.com\

And there would be nothing under it. In Plesk, everything would still be there, so to recover, I simply deleted the setup, and added it right back in. Then, I copied the backup files over. That seemed to fix it. It wasn't that bad since I only have about 8 sites on that server and only 5 were lost, but I'm worried about what happens when I have dozens on it.

I checked the log files for the individual sites and there was nothing suspicious in there. I don't think it was a comprimise in Plesk, because I would think that everything would have been deleted.

I'm really at a loss. Are there log files for Plesk that I can check?

- PR

perhaps you shoudl try to run the reconfigurator - just otbe sure. maybe file permisions were left totally open for anyone to delete (albeit I doubt that), but good to double check nonetheless.

Lets hope (as is with my post as well) that someone from Plesk would be able to answer.

Would running the reconfigurator screw up my existing configurations and files?

- PR

Back