• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved server did not move forward from grub menu after Plesk server restart

Sergey K.

Basic Pleskian
I've started manually server restart via Plesk Tools settings - screen - Screenshot
After that server was down.
I've contacted hosting support and they told me:

"server did not move forward from grub menu. We have added a image of the menu (image is not from your server). Usually server waits for few seconds and choose top most from menu. In your case it just stayed there until we chose one to boot manually."

I thought it was like this - HowTos/Grub2 - CentOS Wiki

screen - Screenshot
Any workaround hot to avoid this problem next time? :-(

This is an operating system issue and completely independent from Plesk. Your GRUB boot loader needs to be configured so that it auto-starts a pre-defined selection upon boot. I cannot say what exactly you need to change or whether you might already have changed something but then not run grub-mkconfig to apply changes, but this is where you need to look. Check your /etc/default/grub file (# gedit /etc/default/grub), check what's in the default selection, store it, apply it.

This is an operating system issue and completely independent from Plesk. Your GRUB boot loader needs to be configured so that it auto-starts a pre-defined selection upon boot. I cannot say what exactly you need to change or whether you might already have changed something but then not run grub-mkconfig to apply changes, but this is where you need to look. Check your /etc/default/grub file (# gedit /etc/default/grub), check what's in the default selection, store it, apply it.
Thanks for the quick reply Peter.

Back