• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server DOWN due to a failed update from 9.5.3 to 10

J

Jorge Iglesias

I did the upgrade process and it didnt finish. I searched support forums for people with similar problemas. and i tried this two commands.

/usr/local/psa/bin/init_conf -p -passwd newpasswd

and

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp10.8.0-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

with this second one i get the next error:

ERROR while trying to SMB database not created
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/pp10.8.0-bootstrapper.101118.18.28.log), fix and try again

===> Restoring database from backup /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.dump.gz

**** Product repair failed.

***** problem report *****
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/pp10.8.0-bootstrapper.101118.18.28.log), fix and try again

Once i readed the log i found the next data

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Doctrine_Connection_Mysql_Exception' with message 'SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'smb_apsCategories' already exists' in /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Connection.php:1076
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Connection.php(1024): Doctrine_Connection->rethrowException(Object(PDOException), Object(Doctrine_Connection_Mysql))
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Export.php(310): Doctrine_Connection->execute('CREATE TABLE `s...')
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Migration/Process.php(57): Doctrine_Export->createTable('smb_apsCategori...', Array, Array)
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Migration.php(340): Doctrine_Migration_Process->processCreatedTables(Array)
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Migration.php(316): Doctrine_Migration->doMigrate('up')
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/library/Smb/Migrat in /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/externals/Doctrine/Connection.php on line 1076

I readed on support forums from one of the support staff that the Restoring database from backup /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.dump.gz was very complex to fix and i should ask for a Parallels support ticket in order to fix it.

I´ve just paid for instant support (in parallels page says 24/7) and after i paid nearly 100$ i receive an email tellingme i have to wait 1 day to receive the information. I have some customers webpages on this server , please HELP , i´m completely desperate.

The day i wrote down this post i paid for support (should be free for faults from Parallels Plesk update service but when you are in hurry you have to pay) . The day after some one from suppot fixed my webs on server , the plesk panel still broken but at least i could survive with all my webs up.

Yesterday evening a different person from support worked again on my server and crashed everithing. After that he escalated the problem but my webs are all down since them. I asked to the person who is assigned to my ticket to fix at least my webs so i dont have a massive amount of customers running away from my services but notthing happened.

No response. I`m sure its because its sunday . When i paid the Premium ticket i paid for a 24/7 service but that is not really true. is not 24h and is not 7 days.

My webs are getting penalized in Google. and paid support is not helping at all.

So for the people who is in doubt.

- Dont upgrade to any 10 Version of Plesk I´TS LIKE A BETA!!! not reliable for a business server.

- If yo upgrade make a backup of the whole server and if something goes wrong just reinstall and copy data again , will be faster than waiting for support.

-Dont pay for Premium support. People in forum got faster responses with free upgrade support , so i guess it does not make difference at all . Use your money for more useful things.

Maybe this post will be moderated. I dont really know but all written here is exactly what is happening to me NOW
Regards.

Dear Jorge,

We are very sorry for all inconvenience caused to you! We haev escalated your ticket and you will be contacted shortly.

i have the same problem, can you please tell me how did you fixed this?

i only have a # in my password but still boostrapper repair failed

Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/pp10.9.0-bootstrapper.110111.14.05.log), fix and try again

and when i try

/usr/local/psa/bin/init_conf --update -passwd somepass

i get this error

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'ownerId' in 'where clause'

please help!

Last edited:
You can paste here your bootstrapper log ?

Plesk is ready ? You can try to login with your root account !

What are your OS ?

Back