• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Server error on opening extensions catalog

tapulator

New Pleskian
Hi, I'm new to Plesk.

When I try to open the extensions catalog, the server shows an error message:
Return value of PleskExt\Catalog\Helper\PleskClientHelper::getEmail() must be of the type string, null returned

The Diagnose & Repair tool checks out fine.

I'm using Plesk Obsidian 18.0.31 Update #1 on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS.

May this be a bug?

Nope.

The Diagnose & Repair tool didn't report any error or warning, so I didn't run a repair.

Will try this as soon as I gain access to the server again. (That's another story.)

Hello i got the exact same problem here. I wasn't able to find a solution yet anywhere.

"plesk repair db" didn't solved the problem sadly.

I'm on Debian 10.6 Buster and Plesk 18.0.31 Update #1.

Okay, I ran plesk repair db, but no errors, no warnings.

FYI: Listing & installation via command line works out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the hint, @marlies! Will try it once I regain control over the Plesk Admin UI. *sigh*

Edit #1:

Sweet, that worked out! After erasing the "internal" email address and setting an external email address the extensions catalog finally appears. And this also fixed my other issue. Thanks again, @marlies!

This issue looks like a bug to me. The external email address is not marked as required and the admin panel didn't complain on saving my profile without an external email address, what apparently leads to some data inconsistency.

Edit #2:

Also works with "internal" email address. So the bug narrows down to a missing external email address.

Last edited:
Thanks for the hint, @marlies! Will try it once I regain control over the Plesk Admin UI. *sigh*

Edit #1:

Sweet, that worked out! After erasing the "internal" email address and setting an external email address the extensions catalog finally appears. And this also fixed my other issue. Thanks again, @marlies!

This issue looks like a bug to me. The external email address is not marked as required and the admin panel didn't complain on saving my profile without an external email address, what apparently leads to some data inconsistency.

Edit #2:

Also works with "internal" email address. So the bug narrows down to a missing external email address.
Glad to hear!

Back