• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Server Hacked

Devices checked with Spybot & Malware Bytes, password changed 9 hours ago, 5 hours ago, new emails queued..
Other ideas? Will we come to a conclusion..?

Have you checked all your websites for SMTP login data?

I am wondering whether the assessment that the ip address in question is your own server is correct, because normally such mail submissions would come from 127.0.0.1, not from the public IP address of the server. Are you sure your information is correct?

But you should also make sure that no website submits mail.
I honestly had excluded this possibility, but this seems to be the cause..!
I don't know how, but they are exploiting the newsletter module..!
1701937218919.png
The problem is that I'm searching on Google but so far I haven't found much about it and the form is updated to the latest version.

Have you made sure that your form for signing up is using a captcha to prevent bots from registering?

Have you made sure that your form for signing up is using a captcha to prevent bots from registering?
No, but I intend to include it both there and on the contact page.
I hope to get it done today, because the only vulnerabilities I've found are injection vulnerabilities via XSS, but they say they've solved it in 2.6.1, I have 2.7.1..
However I realize that we are going OT as it doesn't concern the Plesk panel, so I apologize and at the same time thank you for helping me reach a solution..!

However I'm not sure if reCaptcha will solve the problem, because they are entering wrong email addresses, but a few every 1-2 hours..
Maybe I could solve it with Sophos Anti-Virus?

Yes, I'm trying the Google ones but they are poorly designed, I intend to replace it with something lighter but it seems to have solved the problem, although there are no suspicious requests.
Do you know any captcha that is light or can be lightened?

Back