• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved server identity can't checked on mobilephones

• Thread starter Deleted member 188409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 188409

Hello

some of my friends on my server get since a few days an error message (in attachmend).
I have to restart the server, check the SSL certificates in Plesk and everything looks good - but
unfortunately it doesn't.

2018-06-23 12_25_10-Window.png 2018-06-23 12_26_55-Window.png

In the past I have some trouble with Apatche. I can't belive tat is the reason, but it shout be
mentioned. -> Resolved - Apache doesn't start

How can I solve the problem?

Make sure that the users are using the correct hostname as mail server name. Frequently users use a domain name or a variation of the domain name like smtp.<domain.tld> or mail.<domain.tld>, but the SSL certificate is only made out to the exact domain name.

Comprehension question: My hosting server have domain abc.tld, friend have 123.tld.
Friend have to use 123.tld?

Plesk suggests that friend have to use his own Domain like 123.tld.
2018-06-23 23_28_57-Window.png

And if I understand you correct: They have to use tld. without imap.domain.tld or smtp.domain.tld.

Your friend should use the server domain abc.tld, not his own domain. Yes, the Plesk suggestion is wrong.

Mh. Okay. Is it possible to change the automatic settings? I dont want inform every friend on a manuell way.
And did you have an idea, why it still works without any porblems until a few days (on monday nobody have this problem).

The mail server is always named like the host name, because there is only one mail server serving all customer domains on the same host. The alternative is that the users accept a "wrong certificate" warning in their mail software. This will normally work for Windows environments, but it will normally not work for Apple devices; many of those will reject the connection and will not give the user a choice. It is better to use the correct mail server name, so that the correct SSL certificate is used along with that domain and the connection is encrypted without workarounds/unsecure settings.

Thanks for answering. Is it possible to change the data behind autodiscover like my friends get the correct data directly?
It is a little bit difficult to say: It is easy to etablish your mails to any device, but if you use Apple then not.

Back