• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server locks up while running Weekly and Monthly autoreport

N

ndugo

My server has locked up April 1, 3, 10, and today the 17 at exactly 7:17am. It would obviously appear to be the weekly and monthly autoreport. The daily one runs fine.

17 7 * * 1 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto weekly >/dev/null 2>&1
17 7 1 * * /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto monthly >/dev/null 2>&1

Plesk Reloaded 7.5.4 running on Fedora Core 3.

Any ideas? What would be the effects if I just removed these from the Crontab tasks?

it looks like I have the same problem. Has anyone run into the same problem?
Is there a way to fix that?

Greetings
Phil

After doing some research it was suggested that I try removing the '>/dev/null 2>&1' from the end of the command.

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto weekly
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto monthly

I removed it from the end of my daily, weekly, and monthly autoreports and have had no lockups since. So that worked for me.

Seems like a very strange fix... but if it works I'll be very happy!

Have the reports been working for you since April after modifying the jobs? I'd like to try it on my troublesome server but can't really risk another lock up as my clients are pretty pissy about the lack of server stability due to this problem.

I haven't done the '>/dev/null 2>&1' remove stuff, but I have update to the last plesk update available for 7.5.4 and I have done a upgrade of the kernel.

No problem since then.

i have CentOS 4.4 x 5 PLESK 8.0 servers they are all exactly same except the hosted sites.

but only one of these servers crashes each monday at 07:17 AM,

why will removing /dev/null 2>&1 fixes the issue.

the other 4 servers has /dev/null 2>&1

Hi,

I have this problem and have a few questions:

1. What does autoreport.php actually do? Does it provide any useful reports and is it integral to the running of Plesk?
2. What effect will removing >/dev/null 2>&1 have. Can it have any adverse effects other than sending annoying emails. Surely the data is nullyfied for a reason?

many thanks

Back