• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Server mail to Yahoo not sent

othmaqsa

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.46 Update #1
Hello,

I just noticed that the emails sent from the server to Yahoo are not sent.

Mails sent from my server to Yahoo remain suspended in Mail Queue (Messages in queue: 10 deferred, 0 held, 0 incoming, 0 active, 0 corrupted, 10 total.)

This happens with Yahoo only.

The message received after several days is:
Messages from xx.xxx.xxx.xxx temporarily deferred due to
unexpected volume or user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see
https://postmaster.yahooinc.com/error-codes (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

Thank you in advance.

This is something you need to clarify with Yahoo. Maybe your server is sending too many mails to them, e.g. spam originating on your server or network or forwarded spam. But it is no technical issue with Plesk.

Hello,

Yes, I have already contacted Yahoo and am awaiting a response from them.

Note: I send between 10 to 20 professional emails per day, all domains combined, so it's really not much.

While that may be true, there can be some of these or more reasons for the behavior of Yahoo:

a) Your server might be sending spam that you don't know about. To find out about this, check the /var/log/maillog (/var/log/mail.log) for yahoo recipients. There might be websites that are sending spam or even stand-along MTAs that some malicious software installed on your system that is sending tons of spam that does not show up in the Plesk outgoing mail stats. Also make sure that your server is not blacklisted anywhere (check here: MultiRBL.valli.org - Blacklist, Whitelist and FCrDNS check tool).

b) Some recipients have moved mails from you into their spam folder. Yahoo derives that you are a spammer and is now blocking you.

c) Your server does not send spam, but some other server in the same subnet is a spammer so that Yahoo is blocking a whole subnet. There are some blacklists on the Internet that are doing this kind of nonsense.

Hello,

I will check that, thanks for your help.

I have another question if you allow me:

- Can using rDNS solve the problem?

To be more precise, I have several domain names hosted on my server with 1 IP. If I put the FQDN as my server's rDNS, can it work or not? And will this solve the problem concerning the mail server?

rDNS is necessary, yes. The reverse resolution should point the IP address of the server to its host name.

rDNS is necessary, yes. The reverse resolution should point the IP address of the server to its host name.
Hello again @Peter Debik ,

For rDNS:

I'll explain what I want to do and tell me whether it is correct or not.

1 server with the following FQDN : host.xxxxxx.com which hosts 5 domains with the same IP address.
- aaaaa.com
- bbbbb.com
- ccccc.com
- ddddd.com
- eeeee.com
- xxxxx.com

What will be the rDNS in this case?

From what I understood from your previous message, the rDNS is: host.xxxxxx.com, is that it?

Hello @Peter Debik ,

The hosting provider recommends me after putting the rDNS (host.xxxxxx.com) to put this SPF record:

v=spf1 +a +mx include:server.example.com ~all

Instead of this SPF record (By default in Plesk)

v=spf1 +a +mx +a:server.example.com -all

Do you have any idea why?

The "include" includes all spf records that are set for server.example.com, which will normally be the host name and maybe more entries like subdomains. The "a" authorizes only the given host name. Hence the "a" gives you more direct control while the "include" delegates control over spf contents to the spf record of the host.

The "include" includes all spf records that are set for server.example.com, which will normally be the host name and maybe more entries like subdomains. The "a" authorizes only the given host name. Hence the "a" gives you more direct control while the "include" delegates control over spf contents to the spf record of the host.

Thank you.

You can now mark this thread as resolved.

Back