• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server Repository Backup Files

R

RSchum

Just curious,

When I download a server repository backup, the link provided appears to be some sort of virtual path. I have read that in 9.x the backups are stored stored, by default, in the directory "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Backup" However, looking in that directory, it appears there may be multiple files that comprise a backup. So am I correct in assuming that clicking on the download link in the web-based control panel actually starts a process of compressing/combining all the files that comprise a single backup?

In other words, I can't just go to "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Backup" to copy a backup (or can I?)

-------------------------------------
background: i was trying to troubleshoot an error that was occurring whenever backups were being stored to a remote repository. To do this, I wanted to simulate the FTP action on a backup file to the remote repository to see what kind of error might occur.
-------------------------------------

Back