• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Server returning 404 Not Found?

M

mjqtreble

Hi all,

I am building a web service in php on a windows server. I have placed an index.php file in a directory /webservice/ which when I view from a browser, returns the expected result - an xml file.

However - if I perform a back-end post, or try to access the file from telnet, the server returns 404 Not Found?

I have exactly the same code set up on my linux server and it works perfectly.

I have tried switching off the firewall, and changing permissions. Is there something else that I am missing?

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

If I try a POST request to the root directory, I get:

HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed
Allow: GET, HEAD, OPTIONS, TRACE

could it be the case that all methods are disallowed on my /webservice/ folder?

Anyone know how to allow verbs? can this even be done through plesk? or does it need to be done at a higher level?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back