• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Server Running out of space

Filipe Silva

Basic Pleskian
Good afternoon.

I noticed that the server is runing out of space (20gb hdd - vps) and the folder "/usr/local/psa/PMM" / "/usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp" is using 4gb.
I know it is related to the backups, but I'm backing up the domains to another hard drive. Is it safe to delete? Can I move the folder to the backup drive and make a symbolic link?

I suggest to first change the backup temporary paths in /etc/psa/psa.conf:
Code:
# Backups directory
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps
DUMP_TMP_D /tmp
to a value that fits your system better.
# service psa restart

It ought to be possible to use a symbolic link for the /PMM folder, too. I am not sure what you mean by "backup up the domains to another hard drive". Is that an additional backup solution that is not related to Plesk? You are free to do that, but it will not backup your configuration.

The configuration is 20gb for "/" and 50gb for "/mnt/backup_disk". Hope I made myself clear.
Will changing the directory clean "/usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp"? It is full of extension updates.

EDIT: Just changed the dir but the tmp files remained there. Can I delete them/move them to the new folder?
EDIT AGAIN: just found this "Is it safe to delete temporary backup files on Linux?". If none opposes I'll clean the folder

Last edited:
Back