1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Server Time?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by wrongtime, Aug 9, 2007.

1. wrongtime

wrongtime Guest

Hiya

How can i change the server time on my virtuozzo/plesk 8.2? The options "Date and Time" and "Network Time" are grey and i can't change it there manually. My hoster said i had to do it with NTP? But i'm not that good in those things do you have a manual or could somebody help me with this?

Greets&Thanks

2. faris

faris Guest

Virtuozzo VPSes (VEs) get their time from the hardware node. This is why they are greyed out.

You can, however, allow a VE to set the time for a hardware node. There's a KB article on this somewhere.

I'm reasonably sure sure can set the timezone offset on a per-VE basis though, so if the HN is running on UTC you could set the offset in the VE to be ETD, BST or whatever you want. I think. Not 100% sure.

Faris.