• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Service Plans - Notify upon reaching

S

SnoO

Hi!

I've a problem I don't know how solve it. I'm using Plesk 10.1.1 and setup three basic Service Plans. That work well for most of my customer. But some of them need more resource. So I setup Add-on Service Plans which will increase traffic and disk space. The basic Service Plans are set to "Overuse is not allowed" without suspending the subscription.
I've set "Notify upon reaching" on the same values as disk space and traffic. So that I and the customer will get an email when they are overusing the resource.
My problem is that the Add-On Service Plan is not increasing the notify values. So the customer is allowed to use more and is getting an email which stats that he isn't. Of course I could change the customer to a custom setting. But this isn't idea of Service Plans, isn't it?

So either this is a bug or I did some wrong configuration?
How to configure that in the right way?

Thanks

Thanks for the problem report!
This is a known problem of Plesk, we plan to fix it.

Regards

At least you could try to update to Plesk 10.2 which has been available quite long time (and even 10.3 should be available in preview an possibly published soon).

I believe we don't have encountered this problem in 10.2, so it should've been fixed in that.

Well, I'm searching the forum about this same problem, found this thread and I can tell you that it is still in 10.3.1. I have a customer now who reached 3.0 GB, is set for Do not Allow overuse, but do not suspend, and it just goes on and the customer is allowed to keep using, and get this; the stats stopped working when the overuse limit was reached so there is no way now to track what she is using.

This is a bug for sure and it still exists.

Yes, seems that the issue is still in Panel 10.4.4 MU12.

I am unable to update the "Notify upon reaching disk space" value from within an add-on.

Any idea on fix date for this? It's a pain having to update the subscription manually and thus locking it from syncing!

Notify upon reaching disk space [BUG]

Service plans with an add-on for extra disk-space cannot override this setting. This problem still is not fixed with Plesk Panel 10.4.4. Please give it some priority! Add-ons should make service plans more flexible, but at this moment we still can't use them because of this bug.

Thanks for the problem report!
This is a known problem of Plesk, we plan to fix it.

Regards

Sergey/Igor/Anyone - It's now more than 8 months since you acknowledged this is a known Plesk problem. It's obviously a fairly serious issue for hosting companies, as it forces us to have lots of clients on unsynced hosting plans.

Can you please -

1) confirm Parallels has some formal issue/bug tracking system (even if it's not public) to ensure issues are not forgotten/buried.

2) confirm this known problem is in that tracking system

3) provide an update regarding the status of this problem and when you expect it will be fixed

Thanks.

Yes, Parallels has appropriate formal tracking system and this issue is registered in there with all required attributes. But, sorry, we aren't disclosing ETA from there.

Regards

Ok, thanks for the response. At least it's in your system, even if it doesn't seem to have progressed since last June.

Please try to give the decision makers a nudge about this issue. It's been a long time since this issue has existed and must be affecting a lot of hosting companies.

Meanwhile could you tell your opinion on what would be more convenient -

1) set percentage. perhaps it will result in a warning at some fractional number, so your customer will be notified about reaching 12.2345 Gb limit...

2) include notification barrier increase in an addon. i.e.
Disk space: + 5Gb
Notify upon reaching disk space: +4Gb
?

percentage is good for us. Obviously it should be the percentage of their TOTAL limit.

For example -
hosting plan limit= 3GB
add-on = 2GB
Total limit = 5GB
90% warning = 4.5GB (0.9 x 5)

Message example -

This is a notification that you are using over 90% of your hosting space.

Hosting space limit : 5,000MB
Current usage : 4755MB (95%)
Remaining space : 245MB (5%)

The best thing is to configure the percentage on the total space assigned (Hosting Plan + Add-on)

You can checkout 11.0 version at http://www.parallels.com/download/plesk/11 - it includes a solution for the problem.

Notification threshold is now adjusted with each addon added - if +5Gb purchased, threshold increased in +5Gb automatically. This is sort of quick fix we applied in this version, it may be improved in next version (i.e. manage threshold as % of whole limit).

Excellent, thanks Sergey.

I'm finding other bugs in Plesk 10. Where is the best place to report them so they get fixed in Plesk 10 or Plesk 11?

Back