• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Service Plans - Show/Allow only enabled PHP version and handler

ChristophRo

Regular Pleskian
Could you please change the way the panel works, regarding the PHP version and handler setting for Sevice Plans?
Currently it shows a combination of all installed PHP versions and possible handlers (module/cgi/fastcgi/fpm) despite only having enabled a subset of these.

First it's confusing for admins and resellers and second, it leads to an unnecessary/wrong warning message, when creating a new subscription (see screenshot) when the PHP version or the handler is set to something that is not enabled.

Moreover, a "Reseller" can not see what versions and handlers are enabled on the server and thus has a high chance of choosing a non available combination of these two values, when creating a service plan.

Attachments

• plesk_unavailablephpvh.png
    plesk_unavailablephpvh.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 8
Service Plans - Show/Allow only enabled PHP version and handler

Could you please clarify, what do you mean "only enabled PHP version and handler"? Enabled where? Actually, there are shown only installed PHP versions and you can choose between them.
Plesk Warning "Subscription is not synced with service plan" is not error, but just warning. There were some issues regarding unclear reason of this warning despite successfully syncronized subscription, but as far as I remember it was fixed in 17.8 or even in one of lated 17.5 updates. Have you checked this issue there?

• enabled under Tools & Settings --> PHP Settings
When checking/changing the PHP settings for a domain, there it will honor the "enabled" list of versions and handlers and I can only choose from that ones.
But for Service Plans, it's possible to choose anything

As for the Warnings - I'm using the latest versions of Plesk Onyx here - 17.8.8 and 17.5.3u43
And I still get them when the selected PHP version and handler of a Service Plan does not match any of the "enabled" ones.

Attachments

• plesk_enabledphp.png
    plesk_enabledphp.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
?!? we are not talking on the same page....
Of course it does not show versions that are not installed, but it shows all versions despite having them enabled in Plesk or not.
Yes, normally all installed versions are enabled anyway, so this is a no brainer, but the real problems are the handlers that behave the same way.
i.e. It's possible to select mod_php despite the fact that it's disabled and even the appropriate Apache2 module not loaded.

Maybe the attached screenshots show what I mean...

Attachments

• plesk_phpserviceplan.png
    plesk_phpserviceplan.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 3
  • plesk_phpdomain.png
    plesk_phpdomain.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 3
Back