• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Services Management shows SpamAssassin is not running with Plesk Email Security

obendev

Basic Pleskian
User name: lkdvc

TITLE

Services Management shows SpamAssassin is not running with Plesk Email Security

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian v18.0.28_build1800200720.10 os_Ubuntu 18.04
Plesk Email Security 1.1.0-216

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

I've installed Plesk Email Security Pro and I just noticed, that in Services Management it shows SpamAssassin as "Service is not running".
However it seems like it is running, because the test string XJS*C4JDBQADN1.NSBN3*2IDNEN*GTUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-UBE-TEST-EMAIL*C.34X gets stored in Spam.

Oh and I think there is a typo for the changelog timestamp (Version 1.1.0), it says 1.1.0 (16 July 2020), but I think it was updated on 26 July, not 16 July

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Install Plesk Email Security
  2. Go to Services Management

ACTUAL RESULT

SpamAssassin should be shown as "Service is running."

EXPECTED RESULT

SpamAssassin is showed as "Service is not running."

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

From developer:

This is the correct behaviour. It doesn't matter whether the service runs or not. PES works in both states, thus I don't see the necessity to inform the customer about it. Why the service does not start on his server? I don't know. But this is not important in the context of PES.

thus I don't see the necessity to inform the customer about it.
However, this is a very bad user experience!

If an add-on blocks or replaces a service, this should be indicated accordingly. So here PES should be displayed in green instead of Spamassasin, if it is running.

With Plesk, the user (s) and their point of view should always be in the foreground, not the developers and their "views".

Back