• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Services page - PHP-FPM version list

nkomarov

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.0.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
I have a list of PHP-FPM services that looks kinda strange.

First off, I'm sure a part of these is actually uninstalled but is still present here. By the way, how do I check it?

Second, why are all they shown as disabled? In fact, my websites are running using these components - which means they are effectively enabled.

Plesk Obsidian PHP-FPM installations.png

So in general such a presentation is disturbing and makes me as a user unsure if everything's OK. I think that every component that is effectively available and working should also be displayed as such.

I have version 44#1 and only one PHP (8.1) version installed and its show enabled (green). There is a extension "Repair Kit" maybe you can run a check there.

You are contradicting yourself. You say that you are sure that the components have been uninstalled, and then you say that they are used by your sites. Let's be more specific, shall we?
You can see if the components are removed or not by using the Plesk Installer.
Also, php-fpm services are shown not running if the corresponding php-handler is not used by any domain. If at least one domain uses this php-handler, the corresponding php-fpm service can be started.

I never said that all of these PHP-FPM services are used by my sites. I said I believe they are running [services] - in a sense that I have never stopped or disabled them. For example, I have Webmail components that are based on PHP-FPM 7.4 which means a corresponding service is working / running. If they wouldn't then they wouldn't be available for Webmail, would they?

I'm starting to guess that these PHP-FPM items are not services but handlers and are invoked by the web server processes, more like DLLs. Then what are they doing on the Services page? Service is something that is always on, isn't it?

My confusion is still there. I have some issues with Apache. Seeing a list of components that are installed but marked with a "grey X" makes me unsure if it's OK or not. Anything marked like this seems to be broken. Make them seen as not broken. Consider it a feature request. Blue icon, "grey V" - anything but "grey X".

As for me, grey is "stopped/not running/unavailable", "X" is - "disabled/unavailable/broken".
A "grey X" means "this is very broken, needs to be fixed".

The left column shows a green icon if the component is running/in use or a grey icon if the component is not running/not used.
The right column displays the available actions of each component (start/stop/reload).

Back