• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Session expired in app ASP.NET CORE hosted in plesk.

jefffernando

New Pleskian
Hello to the whole community, I am new.

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.28.

I will try to communicate in the best possible way, my native speaking is Spanish, if something is not clear please let me know.

Currently I bought a web hosting, where it allows Unlimited Dedicated app pools.

The problem I am having is that the session of my user in your application closes every 5 minutes, and that is very little time.

I configured the section where it says windows authentication in 60 minutes and in my application too, I think this happens because the session is hosted in IIS POOL and due to inactivity it is recycled every 5 minutes (configured by default in shared windows hosting, no I can change it)

ASp.NET CONFIGURATION VIRTUAL DIRECTORY.jpg

Cookies are kept in my application's browser, but the session is lost, it requests to log in again, this is because when the application is hosted in the APP pool, it restarts and being in the volatile memory, the session is lost .
IIS APLICATION POOL.jpg
Try to publish the dotnet core application out of process (you shouldn't miss the session, you still get lost)

Search a lot of information on the web and I can't solve my problem, if someone had this problem, or some similar experience it would be very helpful.

Best regards,

Hello

We have the same problem and we couldn't solve it.

We tried it with plain iis, no problem.

I think the problem is related to plesk itself.

Back