• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Set Domain Destination Folder

C

ChristinaS

Hey guys,

First off, while I'm very familiar with shared hosting, I'm a complete newb when it comes to managing a Dedicated Server and using Plesk to do it, so go easy on me... lol

I'm using 1and1 as my hosting provider. With shared hosting accounts, all I have to do to change a domain's destination folder is check the domain and click edit destination and choose the folder from the drop-down and select OK.

How do I perform this basic process with Plesk on a Dedicated Server??

I have two domains that I need to have their Destination Directories be the same. I'm running a Zen Cart shop that allows multiple domains to run from the same files/folders and database but present two different front-end stores to the visitors.

So far everything I've found in FAQs and through rummaging around online and inside Plesk, I have to go to Domains --> cick the domain I'm working with --> and then manage the ftp accounts and databases for that domain there. But I can't find a way to set it so that the domain uses a root folder for it's destination.

Can anyone help me?

Same problem

Hi

I am in the exact same position as ou! I am also on 1and1 and recently bought into a dedicated package. I'm starting to think I've bitten off more than I can chew. The dedicated server package is a million miles away from the shared hosting package and there's no phone support from 1and1!

Did you find a way to solve the domain destination issue? Did you have any problems using sendmail too?

Back