• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Set up roundcube / calendar / activesync / z-push

Boas Simon

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,
maybe someone can help cause I'm stuck ... :(

I have a freshly installed Ubuntu (18.04.1 LTS‬) with Plesk 17.8.11 Update #25 running at Strato in germany. Roundcube is the choosen Webmailer and it shall be used to sync mobile devices via activesync. There are a couple of documents on how to do that so thats what I did:

Installed the calendar plugin from kolab/calendar - Roundcube Webmail Plugin Repository by using the "default" method decribed here (Roundcube Webmail Plugin Repository). Since there was no composer.json-dist on the system I downloaded it here (roundcube/roundcubemail) and just added the calendar plugin. That obvoiusly did some other stuff with the system, but after that the calendar worked!

No I installed z-push by using the repo that my hoster provides (so I did not install from z-push repo). Modules I installed:
  • z-push
  • z-push-backend-combined
  • z-push-backend-imap
  • z-push-common
and a "z-push-roundcube" from here (kitserve/z-push-roundcube).

I did not change the backends/imap/config.php since it contains "localhost" as server.

I added
define('BACKEND_PROVIDER', 'BackendCombined');
to /etc/z-push/z-push.conf.php

changed
'backends' => array(
'i' => array(
'name' => 'BackendIMAP',
),
'r' => array{
'name' => 'BackendRoundcubeContacts',
},
),
in /etc/z-push/combined.conf.php

and in my roundcubecontacts/config.php I have
# The database details of Roundcube's database
define('ROUNDCUBE_CONTACT_DB_NAME',"roundcubemail");
define('ROUNDCUBE_CONTACT_DB_USER',"admin");
define('ROUNDCUBE_CONTACT_DB_PASS',"<THE PASSWORD FROM THE ADMIN USER IN PLESK");
define('ROUNDCUBE_CONTACT_DB_HOST',"localhost");

# Use this section if you want to authenticate users against passwords in a database
#define('ROUNDCUBE_CONTACT_USER_AUTH','database');
#define('ROUNDCUBE_PASSWORD_SQL',"SELECT password FROM users WHERE username='%u'");
#define('ROUNDCUBE_AUTH_DB_NAME',"authdb");
#define('ROUNDCUBE_AUTH_DB_USER',"user");
#define('ROUNDCUBE_AUTH_DB_PASS',"password");
#define('ROUNDCUBE_AUTH_DB_HOST',"localhost");

# Use this section if you want to use imap to authenticate users
define('ROUNDCUBE_CONTACT_USER_AUTH','imap');
define('ROUNDCUBE_CONTACT_IMAP_SERVER','{localhost:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}');

When I load https://DOMAIN/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync I get the xml which is the index.php from z-push. So SOMETHING is working ....

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Boas

Hi Brujo,
yes, I found that video. It's a pretty nice video, but doesn't really give an insight into the actual configuration files. Mark "magically" get's the login windows when calling https://DOMAIN/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync, but I don't get that windows, I get the "xml"-download from index.php.

Your second link is much more interesting. The problem may be in /etc/apache2/conf-available/z-push.conf. Since I have a Ubuntu 18 that only supports PHP 7 (and I want to go that path since PHP 5 is considerd a security risk and will be no longer supportet in a couple of month) and "php-value" is obviously no longer supportet in PHP 7 I uncommented it:

# Z-push requirements
# php_value magic_quotes_gpc off
# php_value magic_quotes_runtime off
# php_value register_globals off
# php_value short_open_tag on

# Optional
# php_value display_errors off

# Setting memory limit higher (larger attachments)
# php_value memory_limit 128M

Maybe that's the issue?

Thanks,
Boas

Hello,
I`m running Centos + Plesk , what the best way to get Z-push installed on a fresh installed server?

Ok I managed to get z-push 2.5.0 running on Centos with php7.2. with the help of the Video + config file and change of apache to prefork.....

When a user login i get a Get page.

Unfortunately Outlook is not able to connect... Due to authentication error.

What might i be missing?

Generall Question for z-push

If I want to sync all mail, contacts, calendar plesk default roundcube needs extra extension.

Why not just switch plesk email to horde that already has calendar etc.? Or are different settings also required here?

As up till now I had no luck with z-push how would I actually work with outlook?

Currently I my pop/imap setup with 3 mails all point to the SAME outlook.pst, so that all 3 emails will be sent to 1 inbox only.

From what I read in future I'll get 3 separat inbox which will make it harder.... or is there a different way to get the old way with activesync ?

Hi Rar9 - this is what I finally did. I don't like the horde frontend, so I was loking for something more fancy (like roundcube), but horde is running stable and this is at the end more important.

Best,
Boas

Back