• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Set WordPress plugin new file permissions

We use Autoptimize. The plugin creates .php-files without execute permissions, resulting in 403 errors and a semi-loaded page. What causes the files to be created without the required execute permissions and how can I configure the domain in such a way that PHP-files in the cache directory are created with execute permissions?

I'm assuming there's a umask being set somewhere and I don't know where.

Turns out the execution of the files generated by Autoptimize (causing the 403 errors) didn't have to do with file permissions but with Plesk's WordPress Plugin's security measures. The plugin recognises which directory is used by Autoptimize (so the measure works regardless of what you define the AUTOPTIMIZE_CACHE_CHILD_DIR to be).

WordPress → Domain → Security → Disable PHP Execution in cache directories → Revert

What I would like to know is if/how I can enable this setting but override it somehow, since I don't want all of my cache directories to allow execution.

Back