• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Setting up 2 servers in plesk - driving me insane

Stephen Darling

New Pleskian
Hello. I am new to this forum and hoping someone can advise me.

First of all I am very new to Plesk and servers in general, and do not yet know how to work with command lines etc, I am using the graphical interface.

I have purchased 2 servers from 1and1 and I want to set up so that I am running my own name servers, email servers, and a few hosted websites, all on my own registered domain name www.example.com

First of all I created both servers each with their own IP address, and added the reverse look up names of server1.example.com and server2.example.com

Then I created 2 sub domains wishing my 1and1 control panel, ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com and so far so good.

Now I run into my issues.

First of all, when I log into plesk for the first time on each of my servers, I have to set up my first "webspace" and I created them both as example.com

I then changed the ns1 and ns2 records on BOTH servers to each point at the 2 ip addresses.

I then run the DNS check tool and receive the following errors.

ad Glue Detected
Parent server gave glue for www.mpna.co.uk to be mpna.co.uk but we resolve that hostname to 109.228.46.88 More Info
At least one name server failed to respond in a timely manner
Failure detail: 109.228.46.88 More Info
Local NS list does not match Parent NS list
109.228.46.88 was reported by the parent, but not locally
109.228.56.95 was reported by the parent, but not locally
109.228.46.88 was reported locally, but not by the parent More Info
Serial numbers do not match
2016060218 More Info
SOA Expire Value out of recommended range
ns2.mpna.co.uk reported Expire 604800 : Expire is recommended to be between 1209600 and 2419200.

Now, if I set the DNS on server 2 to slave, I don't get the errors, however, the check reports that only 1 name server is responding and also reports no MX records.

I am so stuck with this.

Using Plesk, what should I be putting for each if the records, and should I be duplicating EVERYTHING on both servers, or should I only have entries (ns1. mx1. etc) on first server, then (ns2. mx2 etc) on the second server?

Any help or assistance would be greatly received.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Kind Regards,
Stephen

Back