• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting up home mail server, with 123-reg domain, for outlook client - Struggling!

easygav

New Pleskian
Hi everyone - before I start, I've tried to find previous threads on this but seem to be all on my own with one part of my problem.

So I'm a newbie to hosting email (and oneday a website) at home - setting up a company and want this all in-house for low cost and ongoing control (once I get it working!).

So installed plesk, created webspace and set up a mail account using a domain name I have with 123-reg. Then installed outlook 2013 (I think it's 2013, came with new office 365 account personal use) and followed instructions to set it up as my mail client. Ive tried over and over again, all the port and encrypted combos but it keeps having same error message, which is it can't connect to the incoming mail server, and then the same for the outgoing mail server.

Ive never done this before so no idea what to do! I have a feeling there is something I've not done, with my domain maybe or plesk set up? It's the fact outlook can't connect to the incoming mail server when every other forum thread I've found online is about the outgoing mail server issues... I've obviously not done something basic...

Pleeaase can anyone give me an idiots guide from start to finish of what is required to get this working??

Genuine thanks for any input - Gav

Back