• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting up Mailing List Server

B

Block Oliver

Hello everyone,

I tried to set up mailman by clicking

Settings -> Set up Mailing List Server

After sending the credentials I received the following error output

ERROR: PleskFatalException

Unable to execute listmng utillity: listmng: List 'mailman' already exists
listmng: Error: cannot create new list: is Mailman configured properly?.

0: maillists_conf.php:58
require()
1: plesk.php:51

I have not found any documentation and have no experience with mailman yet.

Can anybody give me advice how to solve the problem and get mailman running properly?

Best regards,

Oliver

re-installation

As there were no mailing lists, I decided to re-install mailman by running "rpm -e psa-mailman-configurator mailman" in the shell (OpenSuse) and later installing it via the control panel.

After doing that I could create new mailling lists and no problems occur, besides that there is an email address advertised at the web pages of the web interface that refered to a non-existing email address, i.e. [email protected].

Works for Plesk 10.4

I confirm that your workaround solves the error. I had the same error, when trying to enable mailing list support in the Plesk panel under Mail settings: Home>Tools & Settings>Mail.

After reinstalling it, I could create my list.

I did the "rpm -e psa-mailman-configurator mailman" part on CentOS but on my plex I couldn't figure out how to do the "install it via the control panel"

Back