• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting up Nameservers

T

TechGuyAlabama

I have 2 ips from my host and I need to set them up for plesk. I have the initial install done, how do I setup the nameservers for these ips? Are the nameservers on Plesk setup at the Plesk admin level or the reseller level? Where do I set these up?

Thanks!

Resellers don't have a DNS template just the server wide template but you can also just configure DNS per domain. You can edit the server's main DNS template with your name servers but first you need to create a domain to hold your name servers.

So, if you want 'ns1.domain.com' and 'ns2.domain.com' create the domain 'domain.com' in Plesk and edit its DNS records so you have an 'A' record for ns1. and ns2. which point to the DNS IPs. (make sure domain.com points to your server) Once you do this 'ns1.domain.com' and 'ns2.domain.com' will start resolving and be ready for use.

Resellers don't have a DNS template just the server wide template but you can also just configure DNS per domain. You can edit the server's main DNS template with your name servers but first you need to create a domain to hold your name servers.

So, if you want 'ns1.domain.com' and 'ns2.domain.com' create the domain 'domain.com' in Plesk and edit its DNS records so you have an 'A' record for ns1. and ns2. which point to the DNS IPs. (make sure domain.com points to your server) Once you do this 'ns1.domain.com' and 'ns2.domain.com' will start resolving and be ready for use.

k ty that worked!

Back