1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Setting up Nameservers

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by TechGuyAlabama, Oct 21, 2011.

1. TechGuyAlabama

TechGuyAlabama Guest

I have 2 ips from my host and I need to set them up for plesk. I have the initial install done, how do I setup the nameservers for these ips? Are the nameservers on Plesk setup at the Plesk admin level or the reseller level? Where do I set these up?

Thanks!

2. Plesk_kidv

Plesk_kidv Guest

Resellers don't have a DNS template just the server wide template but you can also just configure DNS per domain. You can edit the server's main DNS template with your name servers but first you need to create a domain to hold your name servers.

So, if you want 'ns1.domain.com' and 'ns2.domain.com' create the domain 'domain.com' in Plesk and edit its DNS records so you have an 'A' record for ns1. and ns2. which point to the DNS IPs. (make sure domain.com points to your server) Once you do this 'ns1.domain.com' and 'ns2.domain.com' will start resolving and be ready for use.

3. TechGuyAlabama

TechGuyAlabama Guest

k ty that worked!