• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Setting up SMTP relay

prateekvarma

New Pleskian
Hello,
I wanted to use ElasticEmail as my email provider, and i don't want to use Postfix.
I deleted Postfix, and it's dependencies like the Email antivirus, and some things that were suggested by the Plesk uninstaller... and i installed the external SMPT module.

On filling up the hostname, port, username, password... my website does not seem to send any emails.
Please let me know how can i explain my situation better, if i need to show some logs or something, and how can i get the logs or any info.
Thanks.

Hi prateekvarma,

please consider to read and follow:

The community really wants to help you, to solve issues with Odin products, but you need to read and inform yourself a bit on your own, to get some basic knowledge about linux and Odin products - especially the part
Please let me know how can i explain my situation better, if i need to show some logs or something, and how can i get the logs or any info.
informs us, that you should bookmark some documents - URLs and some KB - article - URLs, which are already provided at:
[IMPORTANT]: READ THIS FIRST TO FIND QUICK SOLUTION FOR THE EXISTING ISSUE/QUESTION

Which version of Plesk are you using. There is a bug in 12 that requires a quick fix. 12.5 should work fine.

For 12 you can try running the following. It worked for me on CentOS 7. A restart is probably required but I am not sure.
sudo /usr/sbin/update-alternatives --set mta /usr/bin/msmtp

Which version of Plesk are you using. There is a bug in 12 that requires a quick fix. 12.5 should work fine.

For 12 you can try running the following. It worked for me on CentOS 7. A restart is probably required but I am not sure.
sudo /usr/sbin/update-alternatives --set mta /usr/bin/msmtp

Hey there, i'm using Plesk 12.0.18. I didn't go with 12.5, as the options suggested that 12.0.8 was stable, and not 12.5.
I'm on ubuntu 14.04, and after running the command, i get this ->
--------------------------------------------------------
-bash: /usr/sbin/update-alternatives: No such file or directory

Sorry I have no other advice since I'm on CentOS. I'm running 12.5 with no issues, maybe an upgrade is in your future? Backup, backup, backup is my last words of advice. Hope you get it resolved.

Sorry I have no other advice since I'm on CentOS. I'm running 12.5 with no issues, maybe an upgrade is in your future? Backup, backup, backup is my last words of advice. Hope you get it resolved.
Much appreciated. Since you say you're happy with 12.5... and it works with an external SMTP, i will give a try.
Cheers!

Back