• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue settings for mysql database access from another plesk domain

larryk

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
os_CentOS 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.54_build1800230824.08 os_CentOS 7
hello,
I'm seeing this error:
#1142 - INSERT command denied to user 'DB_Name3'@'localhost' for table ‘DB_Table3'

Situation:
I'm in phpmyadmin on Domain1 inside DB_Name1. All is good. I can also access a second database from within Domain1,
with this: Select * from DB_Name2.DB_Table2; All is good.

However, I'm trying to access outside of Domain1, pulling data from Domain3's database table via:

Select * from DB_Name3.DB_Table3;

All this is on the same plesk server, localhost. Is there a setting or config setting I'm missing?
Isn't this supposed to be doable?

thank you

note:
I logged into phpmyadmin on DB_Name3

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DB_Name3.DB_Table3 TO DB_User1@localhost

error:
#1142 - GRANT command denied to user 'DB_Name3'@'localhost' for table 'DB_Table3'

FYI:
DB_User1 is the admin on Domain1

You can only "GRANT" permissions if you are logged in as "admin" on the database server. This also permits any modification to databases. If you are logged in through a subscriber account, access may be limited, depending on what access permissions were given to the individual databases. Is DB_Name3 part of the same subscription where you are logged in? Does DB_Table3 exist?

Thanks Peter.
Technically, I solved my immediate need by using plesk terminal and doing what I needed via command line MySQL. This was done via root.

however, I have more questions now than before :)
1) I'm admin on plesk... and lets say I create a new database (and plesk creates a user at the same time)
2) what is that user? I have no idea?
3) I close plesk down and open it back up. I go to the domain and click database - I go to phpmyadmin, I've no clue what user is doing that?
I'm just clicking the database and Plesk uses some user?

Creating a database does not mean that a user who can use that database is also created. I think you're doing it at the wrong place. You seem to use the admin database section to add a database, but what you'd need to do is to go into a subscription and click "Add Database" from its database menu. There you'll be asked for creating a user account. You can also set permissions of that user account there.

Back