1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Setup Checklist

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Suggestions and Feedback' started by John Addison, May 5, 2009.

1. John Addison

John Addison Guest

Hello,

Sorry for the newbie questions, never used software like this.

I have a Dell Poweredge 1850 that I wish to play with the trial version on. I have a fresh install of Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 and now i'm ready to install. I have purchased a domain to test with, but i'm a little unsure about whats next. Is there anything I need to do with windows before installing Plesk Panel apart from install IIS?

Thanks
    John

2. Denis Sirochenko

Denis Sirochenko Guest

Hello John,

Take a look at the Meeting Installation Requirements page of the Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2 for Windows Installation Guide:

http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.2-win-installation-guide/6365.htm

Before you install Parallels Plesk Panel on your server, make sure the following requirements are met:
    Internet Information Server (IIS) is installed on your system with WWW and FTP support.

It seems like you should install IIS first.

Regards,
    Denis.