• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Setup DNS Server

Damandeep

New Pleskian
Hi,
I am new to Plesk. I have been using Virtualmin, CentOS Web Panel etc for managing various shared hosting server. I think i got most of the things to work with plesk.

But I am unable to understand the working on Bind DNS on plesk.
Normally,
the hostname of my server is like s104.domain.com with IP 1.2.3.4
and i have the A record at my other server hosting domain.com for
ns41.domain.com 1.2.3.4
ns42.domain.com 1.2.3.4
s104.domain.com 1.2.3.4

This makes the hostname accessible and I use the ns41, ns42 as nameserver for hosting domains on s104 but the problem here seems like that plesk want every domain to setup its own nameservers.

How can I achieve that I give customer the nameserver and then they can host on my server without have to setting up there own nameservers.

Regards
Damandeep Singh

I finally found the solution to this. Add your own wanted nameservers to DNS Template then delete the old records for making the nameservers (basically 6 records)

Back