• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Several 'how do i' questions

C

cha0tic

1: Im wondering if it is possible to restrict plesk login access to one domain, instead of all domains
example:
I only want people to beable to log into plesk by doing:
www.maindomain.com:8443
and not have them doing
www.hosteddomainaccount.com:8443

2: For some reason the updater in the cp is not finding any updates, its currently at 7.5.4 -- i've heard people speak of 7.5.5 and 7.5.6, is there anything I need to do to update it ? or unlock the updater ?

Thanks for your time.

1. You can allow connect to Plesk from some IP. To do it you should go to CP -> Server -> Access.
2. Actually. you can install the update from swsoft.com directly.

Originally posted by cha0tic
1: Im wondering if it is possible to restrict plesk login access to one domain, instead of all domains
example:
I only want people to beable to log into plesk by doing:
www.maindomain.com:8443
and not have them doing
www.hosteddomainaccount.com:8443

2: For some reason the updater in the cp is not finding any updates, its currently at 7.5.4 -- i've heard people speak of 7.5.5 and 7.5.6, is there anything I need to do to update it ? or unlock the updater ?

Thanks for your time.

1. Each domain user can login to Plesk CP only through his domain, i.e. www.hosteddomainaccount.com:8443
It is default Plesk behavior and cannot be changed
2. Updater will work in version 7.5.5 . Unfortunately in versions prior to 7.5.5 it simply check SWsoft site.

John S,G.

Back