• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

several problems [webmail search, encode]

P

prosys

I've upgraded to 7.5.3 and my webmail search function isn't working anymore, only if i choose to search in only ONE folder and i have to save the search as a virtual folder or else it will show every email i have. If i search more than one folder, show all e-mails i have too... bug?

also, i have my whole system setup to pt_PT (ISO-8859-1), webmail shows the inbox correctly, but when i read the emails, it shows weird chinese characters...
see the screenshots

inbox looks ok...
inbox.jpg

reading email shows weird chinese chars
read.jpg

how it looks if i change the encoding manualy to iso-8859-1
how.jpg

Originally posted by prosys
so, can't you help me ??

I can't figure out why the hell we bother to buy yearly support updates when they can't even fix issues which are their own fault. I too upgraded using the built in tool and there are all sorts of problems I've yet to find answers to. Are these ways for Plesk to end up getting support $$$ from users who have these problems?

This is silly, Plesk should get the fixes out ASAP, not force us to wander around the forum halls HOPING to find an answer.

I didn't mess with my system, I ONLY upgraded using the built in tool... why is there no fix by now?

Mike

yeah, i didn't messed up my system, only changed the original i18n file, because the server is located @ US and was originaly setup to handle US stuff, not Portuguese like me...
and removed defaultcharset for httpd.

i've used horde in the past when i had no control panel (no plesk or cpanel or ensim), i had control on my server and i was able to fix the issues without any problem... now that i've use a "automated" system, i have several problems that i can't fix without breaking anything...

Back